Day 5 God is good Psalm 119

I was watching Greenleaf and the kids in the church were doing something wrong and they knew that if they ran into adults to say "God is good all the time" and someone would respond "all the time God is good".  It reminded me how flippant we take God and His love for us.  He's so good to us, He always has our best interest at heart. 

It's hard to remember that sometimes with all the evil that is going on in the world, leaders misusing their position for power and corruption.  It reminds that character counts. If we were made in the image of God, we are doing a poor job at imitating Him.

His character is good, and ours must be too. 

I don't always understand why things happen.  I don't understand how in our crazy sin, His grace is for us.

God is good.  I am thankful.

"You have dealt well with your servant, O Lord, according to your word. Teach me good judgment and knowledge, for I believe in your commandments. Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I keep your word. You are good and do good; teach me your statutes. The insolent smear me with lies, but with my whole heart I keep your precepts; their heart is unfeeling like fat, but I delight in your law. It is good for me that I was afflicted, that I might learn your statutes. The law of your mouth is better to me than thousands of gold and silver pieces."
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭119:65-72‬ ‭ESV

Comments