Day 8 - Jehovah Shalom (Peace)

When I get overwhelmed I remember my friend Netta telling me just to breath in the name of Jesus and it would bring peace. She told me this years ago, and so I settle myself down doing that. It sounds kind of crazy but it works for me.

It says in Psalm 107:29 He made the storm be still, and the waves of the sea were hushed

The truth is most of the storms in my life are of my own making. I try to control things I cannot control. I make a mess of things by over thinking and yet God is so faithful to calm those storms and bring me peace. Sometimes He takes the very thing I'm trying to control out of my hands and says "I've got this". And then when I'm smart, I just relinquish it. and do what I'm supposed to do :)

The song below helps quiet my soul.





Col 3:15 15 And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.

Gal 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

1 Peter 5:6-7 Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

James 3:18 And a harvest of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.

Phil 4:7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Romans 12:18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all.

Comments