Day 9 God is immutable


All that God is, He has always been.  All that He has been and is, He will ever be.  He is every perfect and unchanging

Psalm 102:25-28

Of old you laid the foundation of the earth,
    and the heavens are the work of your hands.
26 They will perish, but you will remain;

    they will all wear out like a garment.
You will change them like a robe, and they will pass away,
27     but you are the same, and your years have no end.
28 The children of your servants shall dwell secure;
    their offspring shall be established before you.

Do you even know what all that means? When I first read that I feel like I got stuck in a circular reference in Excel. 

In my simple mind.  God is who He says He is.  He always has been, always will be.

He’s peace, grace, love… He’s a Father, a friend

He’s faithful.

I love John 1

It’s simple. Like a regular Joe (John) wrote it.  But a really smart regular Joe.

John 1:1-5

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life,[a] and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

To me (remember this is me trying to grasp who God is).  God gives us His word that is living and alive. It speaks to us.  God created the world, and there isn’t a thing that He can’t overcome because even the darkest thing can overcome Him.

I am thankful that no matter how flaky I am, that He is who He says He is.  He will always be.  Which gives me great relief because no matter how bad I mess something up, I really don’t have that much power. 

I can’t be trusted anyway
Here are some verses with who He says He is :) That I found here

  I am El-Shaddai—‘God Almighty.’ Genesis 17:11
 
I am the God of your father, Abraham,” He said. “Do not be afraid, for I am with you and will bless you. Genesis 26:24

I Am Who I Am. Say this to the people of Israel: I Am has sent me to you.” Exodus 3:14

And God said to Moses, “I am Yahweh—‘the Lord.’ Exodus 6:2 
"I am the Lord who heals you.” Exodus 15:26

I am the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt, the place of your slavery. Exodus 20:2
I am merciful.” Exodus 22:27
“Yahweh! The Lord! The God of compassion and mercy! I am slow to anger and filled with unfailing love and faithfulness.” Exodus 34:6
“If you obey my decrees and my regulations, you will find life through them. I am the Lord.” Leviticus 18:5
“Be still, and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world.” Psalm 46:10
Therefore, this is what the Sovereign Lord says: “Look! I am placing a foundation stone in Jerusalem, a firm and tested stone. It is a precious cornerstone that is safe to build on. Whoever believes need never be shaken. Isaiah 28:1
Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. Isaiah 41:10
I am the Lord; that is my name! I will not give my glory to anyone else, nor share my praise with carved idols.” Isaiah 42:8
I, yes I, am the Lord, and there is no other Savior. First I predicted your rescue, then I saved you and proclaimed it to the world. No foreign god has ever done this. You are witnesses that I am the only God,” says the Lord. Isaiah 43:11-12
"From eternity to eternity I am God. No one can snatch anyone out of my hand. No one can undo what I have done.” Isaiah 43:13
This is what the Lord says— your Redeemer and Creator: “I am the Lord, who made all things. alone stretched out the heavens. Who was with me when I made the earth?” Isaiah 44:24
"Remember the things I have done in the past. For I alone am God! I am God, and there is none like me.” Isaiah 46:9 I am the Lord, and I do not change.” Malachi 3:6

Jesus answered, “I am. And in the future, you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of God, the Powerful One, and coming on clouds in the sky.” Mark 14:62

Then Jesus said, “I am He [the Messiah]—I, the one talking to you.” John 4:26

“I am the bread that gives life.” John 6:48

"I am the light of the world. The person who follows me will never live in darkness but will have the light that gives life.” John 8:12

Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, before Abraham was even born, I am!” John 8:58

I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives his life for the sheep.” John 10:11

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Those who believe in me will have life even if they die. John 11:25

Jesus answered, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. The only way to the Father is through me.” John 14:6

“Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me. Or believe because of the miracles I have done.” John 14:11

The Lord God says, “I am the Alpha and the Omega. I am the One who is and was and is coming. I am the Almighty.” Revelation 1:8

“I am the One who lives; I was dead, but look, I am alive forever and ever!” Revelation 1:18

I am coming soon. Continue strong in your faith so no one will take away your crown.” Revelation 3:111

The One who was sitting on the throne said, “Look! I am making everything new!” Then He said, “Write this, because these words are true and can be trusted.” Revelation 21:5

Jesus, the One who says these things are true, says, “Yes, I am coming soon.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus! Revelation 22:20
 

Comments