Thankful for Voting

Yes I voted.  To be honest, I usually do.  I believe it is my right.  I believe if you are able you should too.  I love the meme that's out there that says you don't think your vote counts but you think you can win the lotto. LOL

The truth is of all the people/things I voted for I only believed in 2. 

This was the first year IN MY LIFE I donated to campaigns of people I believed in.  One I couldn't even vote for because she's out of my district. 2 of the 3 people I donated to won the election.  I have to say that makes me happy!  I got a letter from Rashida today thanking me, and yes, I know she sent it to anyone who donated.  But I know that it matters. 

I have been laughing and saddened by the name calling (I was called evil about a month ago because I voted for a Democrat).  Thanks to those of you who did, I was able to scale back my facebook back by a few people.  I don't care if you share your opinion, let's learn from each other, but some people feel like it's a fight and some get so ugly.  All the people who complained because people made comments about our current president are the same ones making their own comments.   Makes me laugh.

I used to be a one issue voter, LOL, but not the issue you think... I always voted based on taxes.  I want to keep my money but now, I try to look at the bigger picture.  I am also a reformed straight ticket voter (ALL RED) but have since changed my ways.  

I am so very thankful for the right to vote.  Even when I don't always get my way.  I hope soon we get more than 1 or 2 really great candidates to vote for!

And...  I'm so thankful for extended poll hours and the young people volunteering!

Comments