THe race worth running


Yesterday I walked a 5K.  Nothing spectacular except that I did it!  And I am proud that I am working towards achieving my 5K goal which is to complete 12 5Ks in 12 months, starting (and ending) with the Detroit Free Press 5K.  2 down 10 to go!

Ive got the December one planned (Jingle Belle in Lansing) and January that I am going to do on December 31. 

Ive asked people to join me! because honestly 2018 sucked. Sure, I made the best of it!  I smiled when I wanted to cry.  I was happy for others when I was sad for myself. I said goodbye to things I loved because God said it was finished, and even when I wanted to, and could have made excuses not to do things, I did them.  I loved the best I could.  I was lonely and sad. But thankful nonetheless. 

I fought for peace and joy the best I could.  I remembered that when God doesn't calm the storm, He calms His child.   

I persevered.  And most of the time not gracefully. 

I am reminded of Romans 5

Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we[a] have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we[b] boast in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we[c] also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

I am also reminded that I don't have to do things on my own, I can ask for help and I have so many people that I could just show up to their houses and be loved. 

And that is a blessing.

2019 will be awesome!  and if it's not I'll still be thankful (but it better be awesome!)

I'm looking forward to the fruit of the lessons I learned in 2019, to grow more, to love more.

I'd love for you to join me in my 5K, it's the day before my birthday!

We are better together!!!

Come join me!  You can register here!


Comments