Jar of truth

About a week ago i had a rough day and i had one of those break in case of emergency moments.  Not a fire extinguisher, not even chocolate. I had to bust open my jar of truth. 

It’s a jar that my friend and her family made me. It’s full of truths that the people that love me see in me.

My day was hard and full of lies. Lies people told about me, attacking my character and the lies I’ve been told all my life about how I’d never make a difference in this world, that i wasn’t good enough. 

I knew they were lies. But they sure felt real. 

F that.

So i busted out what i know to be true because the people who made that jar, they know me. They know I’m not perfect. They know who i am and even though I’m not perfect, they know and see the good in me. They are the ones that when i think just this one time... I’ll do what is easy, they inspire me to do what is right. 

Breaking open that jar not only broke chains that tie me down they reminded that it’s important to speak truth into the lives of others. To remind them of who they are! 


I’m so thankful for the truth!

Comments