Pictures

The truth is for the most part i hate being in front of a camera, i like to blend in the background. Most people have no idea what i do until i don’t do it. And that’s always been fine for me. And it still is!! Usually is there is some kind of filming i turn my head quickly. I typically don’t like what i look like anyway.

Yesterday we had our big family dinner and people were intentionally taking pictures of me. Weird, right? Do you even know how many events I’ve put on and there is no proof i was even there? Lol!!

Normally i don’t even want to see them because i look like a weeble with an apron. But i looked at the pictures and i saw this woman. A woman i was proud to be. Organized, smart, loving, filled with love ready to pour it out to others. I saw a woman who knows the value of asking for help - and the strength and wisdom to do so. I saw a woman who is not afraid of hard, intentional work.

For the first time i looked at that woman in her favorite apron and i thought “ that woman is a gem. The treasure God intended her to be. One who bold in her life. One who sees the beauty in others. 

I see a woman who is working hard to be who God says she is, and accepting grace (and a compliment).

I am not who i want to be completely but I’m working towards the goal! I’m thankful to have discovered the humility to be measured by Gods ruler.

I’m thankful .

“For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.”

Ephesians 2:10 NLT

Comments