Bearing fruit

Sometimes.
Life is hard. 

I thought for sure 2019 was going to be the year that i saw the fruit from 2018’s struggle. 

And then my dad ends up back in the hospital and i instantly felt myself start to build a wall of protection. 

Not this again. 

I was exhausted just thinking about it. 

It was overwhelming.

I stood in worship today trying to remember that joy is not a feeling, that it’s a gift, the gift of the affirmation that God is good. 

This song came on


And i just stood there.

Please God. 
Help me. 
God don’t let me be alone. 

I don’t often reach out. I don’t want to inconvenience anyone. 

But today, i was brave and asked for help. I needed people. My life and schedule is insane. Come over while i food prep 😂😂 what an exciting proposal 😂😂but that’s my life and when people ask what i need, that’s what i needed. 

I needed:
To take good care of myself and my family 
To be around people 

And lo and behold! Someone showed up for me. 

We ate, she helped wash my veggies, talked and laughed! Shared stories! 

Today’s fruit didn’t look like i expected but it was fruitful.

He hears the cries of our hearts.


Ask and you shall receive!

Comments