Apology not accepted

So i did this thing. 

There is a relative who doesn’t like me. I’m pretty sure that if i died he would sing “ding dong the witch is dead”

It makes me sad but i know i really didn’t do anything, intentionally to hurt him. I can’t say i didn’t do anything because clearly i did. 

I’ve kind of just thought “well this makes me sad by there is nothing i can do about it”.

I felt this overwhelming need to write him a letter and apologize. Even though i didn’t want to. I’m stubborn and part of me thought “I DIDN’T DO ANYTHING”

Then it happened... one week my pastor talked about the power in writing letters. Like pen and paper letters. THEN the next week he talked about reconciliation.

💩

I even sent my pastor a note telling him to get out of my head 🤣🤣🤣

So after telling my friend about this (because I’ve spoken it out loud) I knew i had to do it. 

💩 again.

A week later i did it. Huge relief.

I even put a stamp on it right away so that wasn’t an excuse. 

But then i didn’t mail it right away.

Three days letter i walked to the mailbox and mailed it. Praying the whole time. 

You know what happened in the situation? 

Nothing. 

Nothing except now i have complete peace over the situation.

The truth is i say I’m sorry way too much. Anyone who knows me knows this is true. Sometimes i feel like i should say I’m sorry for existing. But this time i issued a heartfelt apology for hurt i caused. And i really meant it. 

Peace. The cost of some ink, a few pieces of paper, a stamp, and pride. 

Can’t ever put an actual price on it. 

Yes that person hasn’t said a peep to me yet (I’m letting the Holy Spirit work all that out) but for me, i found peace in the situation. 

Peace is priceless.




Comments