Good reminders

So happy Sunday friends! 

I’m happy to announce God once again spoke so clearly during this years winter retreat! 

I learn so much for middle school kids! Yeap! You read that right!

 Maybe i don’t learn but I’m definitely reminded of some things...

Be brave (and honest) for those you love.

One of my girls wanted to do the basketball tournament and you need three. Only one other girl knew how to play, but the other two said “well I’ll play if you teach me”. 

They could have just said no.

They admitted they didn’t know how to play (brave and honest)

And they played. (Brave)

Try new things!

I’m also reminded that what we say (and do) really reflects who we are. 

As someone who loves Jesus, i grow weary. Weary of people who claim to love Jesus but spew hate. They talk about keeping people out when the gospel is inviting. Some talk/act like we should hate people who are homosexual.The list goes on and on... 

I don’t get it. 

When asked what the two most important commandments are, Jesus said “love God, love people”

In case you don’t believe me:

“One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” Jesus replied: “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.””
Matthew 22:35-40 NIV

I don’t know about you, but I’m glad those are the most important... I’m glad i don’t have to worry about more than that because those two keep me plenty busy enough. And somehow with only these two i still mess it up.

The way i figure it (and admittedly I’m no biblical scholar and i mess up alll the time) I’ll just do those two.
Love God
Love people

However that looks on any given day, and the rest i figure will fall into place. If i get those two right and all the rest wrong, i can live with that. 

This weekend was a good reminder of what’s important.


Comments