Love lessons in basketball

So i decided that i wanted to learn to play basketball. Don’t laugh at me. Or do, i don’t care. 

I went on a winter retreat and i realized i didn’t actually do stuff with the kids, i took pictures (which is important). The thing is i never liked sports. And i wasn’t good at it. Which is probably why i didn’t like them.

I never had to worry about idle time on winter retreats becaUse i was part of set up, the retreat logistics, and tear down. I was in a task position but now my role is different, my role is more relational. 

This goal year (October) i decided i wanted to be better, stronger.

That means mind, body, soul, AND relationships. 

most of my kids are sporty. So I’m order to be more relational with them i need to learn to play basketball (scary for me!)

I asked three of my kids to teach me how to play basketball. Before i asked them i said “don’t laugh at me but i gotta ask you something” and guess what... they laughed. I said “well i can’t play basketball but i can cook a meal with 5 ingredients and a spice rack” and one of the kids said “ok trade for trade”. We teach you basketball you teach us to cook.

What?!? Isn’t that sooooo cool? Learning from each other. 

Isn’t that the body of Christ. Together we are better. And that we love and trust each other enough to say “help me”.


I don’t do anything alone. I need help and I’m thankful to have people i trust to ask. It doesn’t always go great but every day I’m learning to trust God and others.

Comments