Sunday’s are the best days

I’m sitting here thinking about yesterday.

The day started out not so great... my knee hurt so bad it affected my mood (i was ccrrrrrrraaabbbyyyyyy)!  We can skip all the reasons why i was worrying.

During the last song (i hardly ever get to stay for that song because i head to set up for students) i reached over to hug one of our kids. He just stood there while i hugged him. I don’t know what was going on in his heart but i do know what was going on in mine. I knew that no one would ever take a picture of it,and I’m thankful for that. But the truth is a closed my eyes and asked God to snap a picture for my heart to carry it with me forever. 

Some of the kids told me how they wanted to learn to cook (see yesterday’s post) and their momma was coming home from the hospital soon, so i asked if they wanted to cook dinner for themselves. So we headed to the store and got food to cook. We spent an hour and a half making food for full bellies. I compared improving cutting skills to shooting “3’s”. 

I remembered the first recipe i ever learned to follow (cooked carrots lol) i thought about how God has orchestrated my crazy life and how thankful i am to live it. 

I don’t know why God chose me to do Youth ministry. Surely someone else is cooler and better suited for it than i am. But i love the kids and i keep showing up and so do they... so I’ll keep at it. I think they teach me and I’m more blessed from it than they are. 

You know when you dream about something and it goes from just a dream to a dream come true? It’s a moment of
Pure joy. 

I know where I’ve been but I’m not always sure what’s next. But this i know. 

God’s Grace is not lost on me.


Comments