Easter week!

This is a big week for me!  I feel overwhelmingly thankful!!

Easter is kind of a big deal for me. 

I read/heard Matthew 7 three times on Sunday and each time i got choked up and teary eyed. In the story of Jesus i know what comes next and it’s horrible and beautiful at the same time!

I’ve been planning this week for over a month and i know the details are all in place and so it’s time to focus on more than just the tasks that have been at hand! 

Currently there is 20 lbs of meatballs in 4 crockpots, 6 lbs of chicken, 8 lbs pork loin thawing and lots and lots of planning for the rest of the food. Food is my jam. 

I’ve been praying over lunches and hygiene kits. Getting lists together for dinners and lunches! (Friends!  I will serve well over 150  meals  this week in 4 days! ) do you even get how happy that makes me????? But the truth is not one meal matters if i forget why I’m doing it! If i forget that everything needs to be done in love. Every potato scoop, each noodle, meatball, and even the pickles all must be served with the utmost love! And the truth is at some point I’ll forget and I’ll be crabby but i hope my heart returns to joy quickly! 

Last night there was a small group and we remembered. All of us serving this week and we all won’t have a chance to soak it all in because we are making sure everyone else soaks it in. But last night, in the quiet, when i thought “i don’t deserve to have this sacred moment with You” i did it anyway. Even though i don’t deserve it, but that’s the thing about grace, we don’t deserve it. I’m thankful for that moment when i had to fight back the quiet moment to plan, when i had to sit and listen. When i had to take the moment to remember without His love, it’s all for nothing, I’m nothing. 

It’s a big week friends! My heart is overwhelmingly thankful and i hope it over flows with joy❤️

Also if you see me, I’ll need an iced tea. Strong and black, no sweetener because, well, I’m sweet enough 😂.

Comments