Simplifying 

I’ve been working on decluttering for a few months.

I had decided in November that i was going to get rid of 30 things in 30 days and to be honest i thought i was going to struggle. I mean i just moved a couple years ago and got rid of so much stuff. But it turned out I got rid of over 250 items! In January i did it again. 30 things, hopefully i could do it... 150 items! In March i did just get rid of 30 items but so far in April - 595 items!! My goal was 500 things by May! I just took one of the boxes to the car and just found another 5-6 items to donate.

What started out as a challenge to get rid of items turned into a way of thinking. Not does it bring me joy sort of way but does it bring value. Does it align with my goals? What are my goals? It’s making decisions that require thinking.

It’s changed my mind about how i spend my money and what i buy. I will tell you it makes me joyful and peaceful.

If you’re wondering... no i won’t be getting rid of my crockpots or roasters. Not only do They bring value to my life but it aligns with my values.

I started with with getting rid of stuff but it’s changed. It’s changed to bringing me peace and helping me get things accomplished and set goals!

I’d really recommend this podcast to get started! (Listed below) if you have an android phone...it’s called "The minimalists"

Happy pitching/donating/giving away!


https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-minimalists-podcast/id1069757084?i=1000360081768


Live simply so others can simply live!

Comments