True confessions.

I realized today that I have been in youth ministry for 14 years.

14 years.

The years are short but the days are long.

I have so many great memories.  but they aren't all great. 

I can tell you so many stories that would make your milk curdle.

I used to say that I'd never be sorry I loved...

but somedays... I wonder what the heck I was/am thinking...

I don't know if you know this about me, but when I'm struggling I don't write.  It's almost like I can't.  I can't finish a sentence and my thoughts are even more scattered than normal.

This past month has been filled with overthinking and I've been thinking about the things in my life "I didn't do".... I guess rolling a car can do that to a person. 

Last night I took a couple kids to see one of my kids from my former youth group who is an amazing musician!  I'll be honest, during the event I almost cried about how proud of him I was.  He's an amazing man! 

I thought about the things that have been bugging me in this past month... the things I've been torqued off about...  it all came down to one thing after tonight.

I'll never be sorry I loved.

I'll never be sorry I fed someone, invested in them, hugged them, listened, told them to get it together, spent time with them, bought a pizza or a tshirt, none of it.  I will never be sorry for the way my life has turned out. 

I know that I'm never gonna be the coolest in the room (more like the dorkiest in the room) but you know what? I don't care about being cool, I care that people know they are loved. 

They say "you're nobody till somebody loves you".  I don't know who "they" are, but I think "you're nobody till you love somebody".

I'll never be sorry I loved!

No regrets.

Comments