Slowing down 

My whole adult life I’ve been a momma, and I’m so thankful to God for making me a momma, He gave me the most perfect gift in my girl!

As a girl who only had one parent, and it wasn’t a momma, i wanted to be all the things i missed to my girl, plus i had to be the bread winner. While my life wasn’t the easiest, i was blessed. I had (have) a good career, our needs were more than met, and we lived a happy joy-filled life.

I also went 100mph, sometimes in circles. There were times i worked from 8-5pm and then from 9pm to 1am because that was what was required.

I loved that life. I loved the busy and productive! Parties and zoo trips, back to college, a life that was so good! And still is. To be honest i was one of those “i don’t know how she does it moms”.

I’m slowing down now. I find such joy walking in the city in awe of skyscrapers. When the cool winds whip around the buildings, it takes my breath away.

I find wonder in walking in nature and comparing every shade of green. To hear the leaves rustling and see the blooms on the trees in grateful anticipation of what summer will bring.

Its crazy how much more peace I have.  How much better I sleep!  And how much more joy I live!

I do not intend to miss a moment.

I will not waste time on things that have no significance. Except maybe Chicago PD because i love that dang show!! Hahaha

Picture from here --> https://becomingunbusy.com/slow-down-time/


Comments