When less becomes more

I either spend my money or i spend my time.

I had gotten to a place in my life where i was so busy i had no choice but to spend money to get things done. I’d say things like “well i don’t have a choice, there isn’t time to get this done” 

But the truth is i did have a choice. I had the choice to slow my life down and chose things that were really important instead of “really urgent”. There’s a difference y’all. 

I used to go to my room and sleep. I’d look around and there was all this stuff, it made me so anxious. I had stuff to make hygiene kits, stuff to put together kids activities for church. There was no place else to put it because our pantry was waiting for construction. And all the pantry was stuff was overflowing. 

And so... as I’ve minimized my clutter, I’ve made space for things that are important.  I’ve moved the hygiene kits and supplies to its rightful place, the pantry is under control and many items donated (or thrown away), and my room is a place of peace. 

My house is a place of peace.  There is more to be gotten rid of but I’m taking a moment to enjoy and do more evaluations. I’ve gotten rid of things that are bringing value to someone else’s family and that makes my heart happy! (And the things i sold will go towards the well in Africa).

I have more time to do things i love, i have more time to prepare food for people i love instead of buying it. I enjoy putting together the hygiene kits instead of quickly throwing them together to complete a task. 

My life is slower, there is less, and yet it feels like more. 

Comments