Will Run for Water!



I don’t believe that anything that I am lead to do is about me. 

It’s about God. It’s about serving His people.

I never know what it’s gonna look like or how long I will be called to do something. And most of the time I feel like a weirdo.  Sometimes I don't even like it at first!  LOL

I’ve even had an umbrella ministry where when I saw someone walking in the rain I’d give them an umbrella. Weird, right?

When I started this weird 12 5Ks in 12 months it started about pushing myself, becoming healthy, but soon after I started I knew it would be about something.  I would dream about what it would be for.  I knew it would affect people in a positive way. I never dreamed I’d inspire a family to do 5ks together.  I never really thought (but I hoped) my friends would do them with me (but they have) – even my friends who run will walk with me.

At some point I thought this would be a great fundraiser, but for the life of me I could not figure out what I should raise money for.  And it has been driving me CRAZY.  But I know God and if He gives me a heart moment, I know He will speak.  But I’m on race #10 this Saturday and I had no idea. In my prayers, I said “so any day now”.

Most of my 5ks have been fundraisers.  I did one for a couple Rotary Clubs that serve their communities, I’ve done Fun Runs that raise funds for Girls on the Run, this Saturday’s 5k is for a school in Detroit. 

You know it’s always something with me.

Last night I was at the Love Shack where Little Dresses for Africa packing for our team that is going to Uganda.  I was happy to help, it’s great to participate in a small way to help others.  However, I was kind of sad I have no trips planned overseas for a mission trip this year.  You know I’m always ready to go… anywhere. 

And while driving I felt this incredible peace and love pour of me.  Yes. A well. A well in Africa to bring water to 3000 people. 

Ok, but it’s $5000 so immediately I did the math (because well, I’m in Sales and a numbers girl) 135 people to sponsor me $1 per mile for 12 5Ks - $37.20 (Of course people can sponsor more than $1 per mile… like $2 or $10 HAHA).  And I’ll sell taco seasoning…  And there is probably a T-shirt in future...

I started to get freaked out about not hitting my goal LOL and then I came home and saw this in the street. I’ve lived here almost 3 years, I’ve never seen this before.  So weird but I knew when  I saw this heart, I knew I was on the right track. 

So friends, do you think together, we can put a well in Africa? (Wouldn’t it be SOOO great if we could do it in a refugee camp – but we will leave the place up to God because He knows the need)

Please pray and if you feel led please donate! 

LDFA’s goal is 19 wells in 2019!

Sending love! 

Contact me if you would like to support financially! 

Comments

Unknown said…
Ooooh, I love this! Please let me know if/when you have t-shirts... cuz the DETROIT one you did a few years ago is my FAV!

You're amazing!
Resourceful!
Fun!
Hard-working!
Know how to get things done!
Love you!