Feed one

Sometimes things just don’t go as planned. But they turn out better than we plan. 
On Mondays i plan to do nothing but today laundry had to be done In preparation for my trip and i did make something in the crockpot so i wouldn’t have to cook (i did drop some potatoes in the instant pot ).

I’ve been praying and praying about taking the next step towards the food truck and it’s totally scary to me.  But i took the first steps towards starting a 501c3. I got an EIN number and registered a non profit with the IRS 😳. I even registered a web page. 

A long time ago my friend Katie quoted Mother Teresa “if you can’t feed 100 then just feed one”. And that has been the theme of my life. Even when i went to Africa and we gave out food to 1000 people (there were 100,000+ at the refugee camp) i had to remember... if you can’t feed 100 (thousand) then just feed 1 (thousand). 
I believe that people want to help make a difference, and i believe that people want to make sure that families (especially kids) don’t go hungry. And so my heart is to tie those who are hungry with those who want to help. 
Sometimes it’s hard to imagine how $10 can make a difference but in December of 2019 we all did just that! People donated $10 to sponsor a child and provide food for them. Some gave more, some gave less. But together we sponsored all 400 kids! And that’s a blessing! We did it together because we are better together! 
It was time to take the next step, and even though i knew it was the right step, i was scared to death (which means i was just in the right place to do it).
I have dreams of food trucks in neighborhoods with reading libraries, and community gardens. But for now, I’ll take the first step. Step by step WE will see the work of God in all of us! 

Besides the quote by Momma T i love this one... i hope you’ll join me on this incredible journey 

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. -Edward Everett Hale


Comments