Monday’s with Margie - rest

I started in late 2019 with “sabbath Monday nights”

I know i need rest and to be honest my soul longs for it. But I’ve never really figured out how to make a whole day of sabbath happen. And then... it gives me anxiety. Ok that’s awful and stupid but that’s the truth. But my friend challenged me when I was at my wit's end.  (side note it's important to have good friend's who know you and tell you the truth when you need to hear it)

So i listened to a podcast about a family that instituted Sabbath in their home and how much they looked forward to it. And again my soul said “pick me pick me” but how the heck does one really make that happen.

In the podcast the person said “this doesn’t work for everyone and people can’t usually go from zero to 24 hours” so i took that as encouragement to
Do... something. To start... somewhere.

I looked at my calender and said “Monday’s have the least amount of things scheduled”

So i moved some things around and Monday nights is my sabbath night. I don’t even cook! I warm something up or pick something up. 

So I’m going to start Monday ponderings (which will be written on a different day😂) and I’ll post things I’ve been thinking about in my heart. I have one that may cause a lot of you to lose your mind but you know... we learn from people... and i hope is/when you read it, you hear my heart on the matter. 

I love my time of rest and literally i sit around and read or watch tv.... and run the dishwasher (but not usually the stove).

Comments