Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches


There is something about peanut butter and jelly that is good for my soul.  Like deep down.

There is something about the simple of PB&J.

It reminds me of the 100s of kids I’ve served it to on mission trips. 

I think about the trip to Haiti that I received the nickname “Jelly”

It reminds me of the many sandwiches I made for my daughter’s lunch until she was well into high school.

There is something about finding the perfect spoon to put the jelly on. Yes a spoon, not a knife.  A spoon is better than a knife to scoop it and then turn it over to gently but firmly smooth it over the bread.

There is also something about perfectly spreading the peanut butter over each area of the bread.  Up to the crust so that each bite has the perfect distribution of peanut butter AND jelly.

Last night my friends and I made 48 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and we laughed and shared stories…  I always used to cringe about the time someone first meets me or their first experience with me, but now I’m thankful for the journey I’ve had.  And I’m thankful for their love over the million miles I’ve come on this journey.

Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches are a gift to me.  A perfect, loving gift of who I am from the One who loves me the most.

Comments