Overcomer!

I do a lot of things afraid. If you only knew how many times i have to tell myself “be brave” you might be surprised. I’m lucky to have a brave face and a big smile. 
Yesterday i drove one of our church buses to middle school camp. I cannot even explain to you how nervous i was. At one point i realized i had to go over the zilwaukee bridge and if i would have known that before i agreed (reluctantly) to drive the bus i would have said no. 

The whole drive i kept saying “I’m sorry” and then at some point i thought if i didn’t drive this bus a whole bunch of kids would not get to go, and while that’s not a tragedy it would have been sad. 

I’d like to tell you something about Choosing encouraging people in your life and why it’s important. Not once did our youth pastor (family Director) make fun of me for driving slow! It was actually on the contrary, he was super encouraging “we are making good time” “Margie!! You did it”
In the past people i know would have made fun of me causing me to say “I’m sorry” way too many times. 

The truth is i was really nervous, i mean like teeth clenched nervous but I’m very thankful for people who believe in me, who love me, encourage me. 

And I’m glad we made it here without incident! 

OHMYWORD THAT BRIDGE!! 

Comments