Favotite books Day 1 & 2

I was asked to post my favorite books 1 a day for 7 days but I am not allowed to write about it. 

I mean but then how do you know why I picked it or what I love about it? That seems kind of silly.

So I wanted to tell you why I chose them. I mean, I need to use up some words because I just need to talk!  And I don't want to talk about snow or COVID-19!

Day 1 - So I am not even sure how I found out about this book but I did and it's my favorite cookbook other than the ones I have made myself.

I like this cookbook because it's practical and the recipes are yummy!

The beginning of the cookbook has lots of resources and she teaches you her thought processes and when the best time of year to buy produce is...

I give this book for wedding showers and because I love people.  I have let people borrow it and then just let them keep it :) - they are now forever in my debit! (Insert evil laugh) hahahahaaha

You can order it here

Day 2 - Cross-Cultural Servanthood

This one I was required to read to go on my mission trip to Uganda, and to be honest I don't like to be bossed but I read it and I have to say I LOVED IT!!!  It exceeded my expectations!  One thing that really stood out to me was that everyone wants to be a leader but no one wants to be a servant.  And in the bible servant is mentioned way more than leader when it comes to Jesus.  So our leadership should be servant leadership.  And yes, that seems so simple but some days it is not easy to put into practice.

I think this book should be mandatory for anyone going on a mission trip or who does mission work.  Everyone has something to learn from someone. 

I can honestly say this book didn't change my life but it certainly did change my perspective. 

You can order it here

Tomorrow I will tell you about tomorrow's book.

I hope you are well!


Comments