I'm alive and well and GREATFUL!


Hello Friends!  I mean I assume you’re my friend since you are here with me, but not HERE with me I mean it is Covid 19!  Good gravy.  It’s been a roller coaster hasn’t it?!? 

How are you doing?

I’ve had my ups and downs but I feel like I am fairing pretty well. 

You know what I noticed the most? 

HOW MUCH I NEED MY PEOPLE! 

HOW MUCH I REALLY LOVED HEARING THE LITTLES SAY “MMMMAAAARRRRRGGGGIIIIEEEEE” when I saw them at church.  Or how much I love seeing the teenagers every other Sunday at Woodside Student.

You know what else I noticed?

How much I waste.

Yes,  I can make a dollar stretch from here to next week, but I got lazy.  I lived in great abundance and that was wasteful.  I’ve repented of that.

How ungrateful I was.  How I took for granted seeing my people. 

How stupid it was to fill my calendar with busy.

How many leftovers I put in the fridge and didn’t eat only to throw them away.

AND WHAT THE HECK!  I just want to HUG MY PEOPLE!!!!

The thing about this quarantine is that it has brought out the best in me in some ways. I’ve been able to be generous and cook for people like I always do.  I am prepared and always have a pantry full of food and a freezer filled with the things we love.


 Yes, but it has also brought out the things I needed to work on.  All the those times I said… if only I had the time.  Well guess what sweetheart, you got the time now. 

I've sent more letters, postcards to the littles and pictures to the teenagers.  Friends!  did you know there are Sesame Street and Scooby stamps! It's true! Go online and order them!

Instead of being “busy” so I had to pay someone to take out bushes and trees… well now, I took them out myself and cut down trees. 

I spend my money or I spend my time.  And I got a little too haughty and was spending money instead of time.  DUMB.

Also I said I would work on my lawn if I had the time, and I do, so I did. It’s a lot of work.  Time vs Money.

Sometimes it makes sense to spend my money instead of my time.  But not now.

Its been good. Time with God. Time with my beautiful daughter. Today we cooked for nurses and medical staff.  And that was fun, teaming up to share our abundance and our gift of cooking and baking.

Times like these, they make us painfully aware of our short-comings, or is it just me?

But also I think if we slow down, take a deep breath, God can show us our short comings and help us to grow into who we were meant to be.  It’s like a got the ultimate “slow down Lucy” from God.  And I’ve taken the time to rest, and grow.  Like daffodils.

Today I was working on the lawn and normally, I would dig up the grass and throw it all (plants, weeds, grass, AND dirt into the yard waste containers.  But Phyllis asked if we should separate it and keep the dirt to use for other things.  I had thought about it but when she said it… I told myself… just take your time… it’s not like you are going anywhere.  LOL.

So I sifted dirt with one of my extra colanders.  It reminded me of being a kid and sifting for treasures in the sand. Only this time the treasure was the dirt!  Boy how things change when you become an adult.

I had my worship music on and instantly I was transported to when I was in Haiti and we were sifting the rocks from the dirt to make cement.  And I could here “BUCK_ET!! In the background.  My heart remembered the laughter of the children, the beautiful HOT sun, the big smiles of my friends.  What a beautiful gift that trip was and what a beautiful memory God brought from the back of my mind to the very front.

This time has made me thankful.  I think of how lucky I am to spend this time with my daughter and how thankful I am that we are friends.  Also how thankful I am that she likes to cook!  She’s made us some great meals. Also thankful for my job.  It is stressful but I sure am thankful for it!  I am thankful for our pantry and freezer, God’s provision.  Also, toilet paper LOL. 

I hope you are well. I hope that God is moving in your hearts, I hope that if you need rest, you find it, if you needed the time for creativity, that you are making the most of every opportunity.  I hope that you are enjoying your time with your family, or if you are alone, you find peace in the quiet. 

Love your people, and love them well.

Sending love (not germs) from my house to yours!

Comments