Time to get a move on

I haven't blogged in awhile maybe because i just don't always know if people want to hear what's going on in my crazy brain and heart. 

But today I'm writing because i need to process and sometimes i process as i write. 

I think in the last month (not sure of time these days) there has been three highly publicized murders of people of color. I can't even imagine how many there are that haven't been brought to our attention. 

It doesn't take me long to be sad AND angry when these horrible crimes are committed. It's wrong. 

It also doesn't take me long to think of people who could easily take their place in the war of racism.  

When i think of black lives that matter the list is long. When a young black man is hurt or worse, murdered, i can replace his face with someone i love. When i think about the mommas and the sisters who are left behind to mourn, the list is long. 

When i think of the wars in Middle East and those who are affected by the war on Syria (or any country for that matter) it doesn't take me long to think of someone who has lost someone they loved. 

I have always thought i was lucky to love people of different races and religions. That i can see a person the way God sees them, beautiful and unique not different in a way that divides us. But sometimes when my heart is breaking that empathy doesn't feel so lucky. 

I decided a few months ago i am going to learn all i can about racism and racial reconciliation. I've got a lot to learn. And learn i will and i will turn what i learn into action, because what's the point of knowledge if i never use it. 

I don't know what's next but i do know I'm gonna pray and figure out my place in the healing. 

Comments

Alice said…
Just so you know, I LOVE your blog - your vulnerability, your courage, your writing. I hope you keep blogging.