Lessons from my Garden

I learn some of the best lessons while outside in the garden!

I was looking at my beautiful tomato plants today. We have many blooms that will turn to fruit that will not only feed us but it will NOURISH us as well. 

These plants started from seed and they had to be watered and they needed sunlight to grow. Just like me!  (I don't want to say 'us' because I don't want to speak for you). 
 
Its been awhile since I've written!  There has been a lot going on in my heart but I've been stuffed and not really able to write! 

Sweet little seedlings were then transplanted against their will - just as they got used to the warm sunshine, like many of us to new places and sometimes those transplants are a shock and some of those transplants don't make it without the proper care. 

Everyday we cared for these plants but there were some really great influences (like sun and rain) even too much of these things are too much! I totally have had times in my life when I've spent too much time in things that were thought to be good for me (like church) but without proper rest, it was not good for me.  And even while rain is good for us it can drowned plants and then they can bear no fruit. 
 
There are also not so good influences (like aphids) to which we did our best to protect against by planting marigolds.  We need people in our lives to protect us from terrible outside influences AND it's important those people are not like us!  Different great qualities! 
Soon If properly cared for, the plants (we) will grow and provide the sweetest blooms that will bring beauty to others! But with tomatoes, those blooms (and beauty) is cared for and then the blooms turn to fruit, and that fruit grows and ripens (much like wisdom) to feed and nourish others. 

But all this takes time. And care. Most of the time things just don't happen without care and work and farmers and gardeners who make gardens (and our lives) bloom. 

Ecc 3:11

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

Comments