Protecting myself

I don't know about you but COVID has affected me in a lot of ways...

 

It's funny because I do a lot of things and I go on many adventures but what you might not know about me is that I have a lot of anxiety and I do a lot of things afraid.

 And one thing that happened (more than once) is that fear paralyzed me. To the point that I have not been able to function in some instances. I've passed on events that I would not have passed up. I've done a lot of things to help myself.

This weekend I did something that I couldn't believe I'd do or even have to do.

This weekend i was in a place that I did not feel safe. I didn't really feel physically or emotionally safe. I can tell you that many times in my life I have not felt safe, and that i have squared up to the situation and braced for impact because I didn't want to make waves.

but this time, I decided to do what was best for me and while I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings or offend anyone, this time, I chose me. And I left the situation.

  I have worked too hard in my life to live in any way other than in a peaceful situation. And I can say without a shadow of a doubt, I made the right decision.

I don't know about you, but I have spent a lot of my life in trauma, trials, and a whole lotta mess, I have worked hard to pull myself from that.

  I've walked away from friendships because I just can't handle that drama or craziness in my life. And i might miss the people i needed to move away from, I never regret elimiating drama from my life unless I am watching TV.

Sometimes the best decisions to take care of ourselves are the best ones.

  If you are in a situation where you don't feel safe, I urge you to leave it. I urge you to take good care of yourself because you are worth it.

Comments