Thanksgiving and goals!




 It's been awhile since I've written!  

A few days ago I had decided to set a goal to intentionally walk 50 miles by 12-31-20.

As I was doing a 10K today I decided that was way too easy! As of today I already have over 16 miles.

Walking is so good for me.  It gives me time to breathe in goodness and quietness, and breathe out chaos.  I might have cried twice today.

So… my new goal until the end of the year is 100 miles!  It’s achievable but it will also take time and effort to complete it!

I remember when the lockdown first started, I walked a mile 3-4 times a week because life was so crazy, and now I walk 1.75-2 miles EVERY DAY!  It’s been so good for my physical, mental, and emotional health.  I have prioritized this for myself, even if I have to walk at night because I didn’t get a chance in the morning!

Normally I just put on my snow shoveling/snow blowing coat and walk but today, I decided I need a cute vest because it’s too hot to wear that coat and it’s not that cute LOL.

There have been a lot of tough lessons this year, especially the one I learned after having an anxiety of attack…  TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF, Margie (that’s what I call myself LOL).

Set a goal from now til the end of the year (even if it's a walk around the block every day!).  Make it challenging but achievable.  You will feel so good accomplishing it.  And if you don’t, learn the lesson.  You’re either winning or learning! 

Happy Thanksgiving!

Sending love from our home to yours!

Comments