Finding a safe place

 

I was thinking about a man that I saw a few weeks ago a man walked into our church.  We have gotten a lot of new people at our church, but this man has resonated with me since the time I met him.

He nestled in the corner of a long bench.

The wind howled outside.  It was one of the first cold weekends of the season.

I walked into the back of the church after greeting families and giving out kids bags and I heard the faint snoring coming from a man who felt safe enough to close his eyes in the warmth of the building, surrounded by those who were praising God.

I was thinking about people in my life that cause me to just breathe in and relax and how thankful I am for those people.

Isn’t there something about knowing that you can trust, or that you know really love you? It’s always been hard for me to trust people, but I have a learned that there is nothing like feeling safe with those who I love and love me.

I am so thankful to that man who came in to remind me that there is nothing like being safe.

Comments