Authentic: the missing peace


I've learned a lot in my 48 years. 

One is that I'm tired. And i need rest. Not sure where/when that will come but the minute it does you'll find me in my car going somewhere (be ready TC peeps I'm coming to ya') 

I was in a workshop today and i had taken a questionnaire, and man, was it on point about my viewpoints and personalities. That's the thing about getting old you start to see yourself in strengths and not just weaknesses. I've learned that there will always be something i need to work on but there are also a lot of great things about me too! 

Sometimes i really feel sorry for the younger me who didn't have people pouring into her life telling her the gifts she brought to the world, and so it feels like a missing peace (piece) in the uncomfortable silence i sit in when someone gives me a compliment. 

This gal (I'd like to really bring back the word gal) loves really large. I'm a hard hugger, a big smiler, a truth teller, giver of grace, and an encourager. 

The more i step into believing God as a man of His Word, the more i believe who He is, i strengthen my value in Him and no one else. 

I'm so thankful (even if i seem awkward) for people who breathe life into me. That see the gift that God has made me, and encourage me to believe it myself.


Great things to come !

Comments

Autumn.up.north said…
Yes - maturity is recognizing your strengths not just your weaknesses. Can’t wait to see you and give you a big hug!