Authentic Self -2 - My dream job

 


When I think about my dream job, I always come back to the same thing.  Director of a community center.  I dream about an old school, with a gym and a kitchen.

I dream about a place where seniors can gather together for community,  a place for food distribution.  I dream that people in the neighborhood can have a community garden, a co-op of sorts. 

What if there was a place that brought hope to people?

I dream of cooking classes for kids and families.

What if we could teach children to love the food they learned to grow?

I dream of a library in the building and one of those little libraries in the yard.

I dream of computer labs for children to be tutored. What if children who learned on our computers could learn CAD or write programming? What if we could teach people software that could help them get jobs to provide for their families?

I dream of a place where love abounds and hate disapates.

What if we could teach vocations where those who have skills could teach and hire those who are willing to learn?

A haven.

I dream of a place where every day I hear “Hi Auntie”.

I dream of a food truck where the food we grow can be brought to those who need it.

I dream of a place where we have exercise classes where people fall in love with the movement and marvels of their bodies!

I dream of a place that pours love, hope, and joy into hearts that are dry and barren. 

I dream of lunches in the summer for children and families.

A place to teach meals like beans and rice and corn bread.

I don’t know if it will really ever happen but I will keep dreaming and take steps towards learning what and how to do it.  I will lean on God to make it happen. 

Last year I started the Organization “Feed One” , and just recently I started an Instagram account.  I know that both of these are small steps but steps in faith that each step forward is a step in the right direction. 

I really believe that each life matters.  That sometimes it’s easy to get overwhelmed by thinking too large or about hundreds, or thousands. Focusing on feeding just one, mind, body, and soul matters. 

Comments