Authentic - Thankful and tired

 


Full disclosure, it has been a very rocky start to the new year, and boy am I tired.

But I am so thankful.

I have been thinking about my job in the last week as part of my writing assignment, I’ve thought about the things that I really like and the things that I could do without.

When I started in Sales and for many many years I said I only wanted to be an Account Manager, I really liked being an Account Manager but at some point I wanted to become a Sales Manager and lead people.  Before I started I bought two plaques for my desk, one that said “do what is right, not what is easy” the other that said “do good every day”.  Becoming a Sales Manager it was a very rough transition.  I wanted to go back to being an Account Manager but someone really encouraged me and said “keep with it, it’s the devil you know vs the devil you don’t”.  I stuck with it, and I can’t believe how much I’ve grown since that first year. I said I would never want to fire anyone and I had to do it in my first six months.

I can’t say that I’ve arrived but the reason I wanted to become a Sales Manager was because I wanted to help others do well in this career of Sales.  It’s not easy, it certainly isn’t the hours of 10-3 with hour lunches, but I can tell you, I really love teaching others, I love helping others learn in their career and excel.  Last week I worked a ridiculous amount of hours and this week is no different.  What I can tell you is that even though I am not defined by my job, I am proud of what I do.  I love encouraging others on our Sales Team and other teams.  It’s not always easy to find the “wins” in the daily grind but being thankful helps me to find those wins, and celebrate them.

I never would have thought that all those years ago interviewing for a Design Coordinator/Executive Secretary job in a low cut shirt and a short skirt would have brought me this far and I could have never imagined how much I’ve learned and the beautiful people I’ve met.  I am blessed by this job that was God’s provision in my life.

Thankful

Comments