Authentic: 3 what's missing

What is missing from my life?

That seems like such a strange question, mostly because I don’t like to focus on what’s missing in my life because that keeps me from having a grateful heart. 

Really, I have a great life.  Would I like a husband? I used to really think so but sometimes people just don’t make being married look all that great.  I’d rather be by myself than to be with someone who doesn’t want to dream and grow and make those dreams come true!  I don’t want a husband who won’t love me like Christ loves the church.  And the truth is, my life is pretty great.

If I think about my dreams and what I’d like to pursue, I think what is missing is the confidence to really believe that I can pursue being a Director of a community center or have a food truck.  I think what many people don’t know about me is that no matter what I do (including feeding people) I do it afraid of failure.  I mean why do you think there is always so much extra food, running out scares the crap out of me (and it’s happened and it’s awful). I worry about letting people down, I worry that someone will say “I knew she’d never amount to anything”.

I don’t always really believe who I am in God. I have a friend that has said very often that I have a golden heart.  But the world taught me for years that kindness was a weakness, and even though now, I feel like being kind is one of the greatest things someone can be, it is hard for me to trust people enough to be kind to them and not be hurt. 

I wonder, often, if I had been poured into as a child if I’d have the belief I could be anything I dreamed.  If I hadn’t been told on numerous occasion “Children are to be seen and not heard”.

As I grow in my knowledge of who God is and who He says I am, my belief grows stronger and years of doubt seem to dissipate. 

What’s missing from my life is a strong bridge from knowledge to belief.  Each day, I build a stronger foundation for this bridge.  Healing is the beginning.  


 

Comments