My authentic self - i should have shut up

 Well... part of being authentic...


What is authentic anyway? 


Genuine 


What is genuine? 


truly what something is said to be; sincere 


What is sincere?


(of a person) saying what they genuinely feel or believe; not dishonest or hypocritical.


Ok now that we got that out of the way... part of being sincere is to say what i genuinely believe. 


Yesterday i felt so much anger and fear. 


Today i am saddened and yet hopeful

I am saddened because i let my own fear post on social media about "where are the trumpets?" I guess if we are talking about genuineness then i did mean it. But what i didn't really want to do was hurt someone. I sat by and saw on my Facebook when people had lots to say about people protesting about black lives that matter and yet when there was a riot at the capital building all those people were silent. Now maybe if you were one of those people you'll say "i was praying" but why weren't you silent before while you were praying? 

I'm sad, because Honestly I'll never understand why people are so willing to stand behind a TV personality. I'll never understand why a man who made fun of handicapped people and abused women is someone they will defend. Maybe it's because those people think (I'll use this term very loosely) he's good for the economy. If you are a Christian I'd ask you about how The Bible says you cannot serve two masters, it's either God or money. I'd also like to open your eyes to the fact that the stock market doing well is not the same as the economy doing well. 

I am hopeful because i did see a lot of people that did say that what happened wasn't ok. I watched the senate meet, and while it may have been too little too late in the eyes of some, i saw some division dissolve, and the man who was elected President was passed in the electoral college. 

I'm hopeful because the world can be changed with love and every day that we take a step forward in love we are better for it. 


So if i offended you or hurt you, for that i am sorry. But I'm telling you, i will be genuine and authentic and i will call you out if you say one thing but act another way, just as people do to me. 


Also i have decided that i am moving past the "unfollow" button, and i may just unfriend you on Facebook for my own peace of mind (i have unfriended some people because I was embarrassed to have them on my "friends list" and you can unfriend me if you'd like i know  too much for some people and not enough to for others, but I'll continue to work on who God created me to be.


Comments