Authentic: Trying new things - career

 


I worked at the same place for 15 years, I didn’t have the same job but I worked at the same company.  I actually really liked working there.  A new opportunity came along and I started a job at a new company.  I was lucky that when I started at the new company I knew one person. 

When I worked at the first company I was always nice to new people and I’d offer to help them if they needed it and I was nice but I never really realized how hard it was to start at a new company.  After about 4 years a new opportunity came to go to a new company. I was the new kid on the block…  again.  Thankfully I knew the same person because he hired me.  It was really hard because a lot of the people knew each other for YEARS and YEARS.  It took time to get people to trust me. 

One thing I learned from these new opportunities is to be VERY kind to new people.  It’s hard starting a new job, a new company, meeting new people. It’s really hard.  And if I can help people feel more at ease, make their fears dissipate, and be successful, then I will do it. 

Trying new things is hard, but I think the benefits are worth it. 

Trying something new helps me overcome my fears.  Every time I try something new and succeed (and even if I fail) it makes me feel stronger and stronger.  It helps me prepare for what it ahead.  Also trying new things proves to me that even though I am afraid of failure, I won’t fail, because I have all my previous experiences that have brought me to this place to take the next step.  Trying new things also reminds me to rely on God, whatever I am lacking, God will provide.  The verse ” But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me” has always been a verse that has brought me peace.  God’s grace, His unmerited favor, will be all I need to get through whatever I am afraid of. 

I have made some really great friends reaching out to the new person.  It’s not easy for me to be open or vulnerable, but it is out on the limb where I find the best fruit. 

“If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always got” and I want to always be better, stronger, and healed

Comments