Authentic: 11 Rituals

 

It's funny because i don't think of someone who has a ritual other than making a tea first thing every day.  Honestly i think i have way more rituals than i care to admit. 


As a child i hated making the bed everyday.  When i stayed with my Aunt & uncle in the summers I'd sleep on top of all the covers just so i didn't have to 😂 As an adult i did not daily make my bed, then i read something about making the bed every day is a form of self discipline and it's one nice thing i could do for myself.  About 6 months before the pandemic hit us i had started straightening the bed every day and it served me well throughout this crazy time.  I often sprinkle some essential oils on my sheets that gives them a nice bright welcoming scent when i get into bed.  (Usually something citrusy).  This ritual has served me well.  


Other rituals i have is to do some type of movement every day. Walking, peloton, something. When the pandemic hit us, i started walking a mile every day and as things in the world have gotten crazier, i have really come to enjoy getting out and walking, even on the super cold days.  Some days like today, i don't feel like getting out of bed, but i know it will be so good for me, mentally and physically. 


And as stated every day i drink an iced tea first thing! I go out for my walk, come home, fill a quart mason jar with water and 2 Ahmad Passion fruit & peach black tea bags, 6 min in the microwave and BAM! It's tea time!!! Fill a cup (usually a recycled Starbucks cup) with ice, pour the tea, and I'm ready to face the beauty (and challenges) of each day!


I'm sure i have way more rituals i do (especially when cooking) but those are my daily go-to's for a successful start! 


Now, i gotta get my booty movin'!

Comments