Authentic: 16 childhood friends


I think our first friendships in life can really define the kinds of friends we will have all our lives, they set the standards of what we will expect all our lives.  I feel like I'm the luckiest when it comes to friends. The old the new, God has really blessed me.  


I've known my friend Erica since i was in kindergarten. Mrs. Kachatoroff's class. I remember almost everything about our childhood and teens and she remembers.... well not much of the details. It's like that for me though. I can look at someone, place where i know them

From and then remember their name. It's a beautiful gift the Lord has given me. 


I don't really know how i would have survived my childhood without Erica. We were fast friends in 6th grade, not many kids back then were raised by single parents. 


I'd like to state, before i forget, that Erica is the reason i have great hair (i think people have better hair than me - like my daughter but Erica  really makes what i have pretty great) Though the problem is that i have no idea how to Ask for what i want because this is yummy description "dark" "lighter" "shorter" or "i want to grow it out because i need a ponytail" and that's the truth. So I'm sunk if she ever stops doing hair, and also, if i ever get cancer she'll have to shave my head and cry with me. (I know that's weird to think about but because my mom died of cancer it's always in the back of my mind). 

Erica is genuinely one of the best people i know. She really is kind and loving but doesn't put up with much crap. I love that because of our history i can say whatever my heart needs to get out with no judgement.  I've known her for 43 years so she really knows me. Lol the good the bad and the very ugly. 


Erica is one of those people that God made their insides to match their outsides, perfectly, she is beautiful inside and out. 


I literally cannot imagine my life without her because she's always been here, giving me love, encouragement, and hard truths. 


Here's a funny story, when we were younger and she lived on Lonyo, her grandma would always tell us we'd need to go to church and every Monday we'd go to catechism and Gramma Joanie would make us dinner and ask if we went to church and of course we'd always say yes, but really we'd just sneak in and get the church bulletin to prove we went. And i mean i guess technically we did "go to church" because we had to step inside the church to get it... but we all knew that's not what she meant. 😂🤦🏼‍♀️

We also never ask each other how's your mom or how's your dad... i always say "how's Kathy?" Or she says "how's Bob?" 😂😂


There aren't enough words this side of

Heaven to explain how much I love Erica or  how thankful i am for her. She is one of God's greatest gifts to me. 


Loveyou Bear 

Comments