Authentic: do the work

 
I love working in the yard, this lawn is a complete labor of... not wanting to be embarrassed.

 The first picture is from 2018, i know this because the stump is still there. In 2019 we had the stump removed. And had to let the ground heal before anything could be planted. 


2nd pic is In 2020 (2 months into the pandemic) i decided i was going to dig out the grass, level it, and plant new seed. This took at least 40 hours of HARD labor. (Please note i could have rented a sod cutter but i didn't learn that until after the work was done i dug it up with a small rototiller and built a dirt sifter. Yes i built it. (Who am I?) 


The 3rd picture is today. Yes, i know it needs to be cut but my lawn mower is in the shop! Hopefully I'll have it back in the next couple days. 


Admittedly my lawn still needs some work, but I'll do it! And it will keep getting better! 


Growth takes work! I look back at myself 1, 2, 5, 10 years ago, i barely recognize myself! I've done a lot of hard work! And it's all been worth it, and I'll keep doing it till the day i die. The only masterpieces that are done are the kind on display, flower beds that are pure beauty grow every year. They are more and more beautiful but they still need pruning and weeding... it's all worth it 

Comments