Authentic:14. Food & community gardens

 And by you I mean "i"

A few years ago i started a community garden. My thought was to grow food for people in the neighborhood to eat. My vision was accomplished! For two years a few of us kept up the garden, we fed people. 

I remember giving someone a cucumber and they asked why it was so bumpy... i said that's how cucumbers are if they aren't coated in wax like at the grocery store. She said it was the best cucumber she had ever eaten. ❤️

For a lot of reasons the garden didn't go

To year three but i never stopped dreaming! If I'm honest, the greatest failure isn't that we stopped in year three, the biggest failure is that i didn't include the community as much as I should have. Sure there were a few people in the community who helped and i learned a great deal from them and we grew friendships but i had the opportunity to grow so much more than food.


Y'all know i love to feed people. 

In the last few years God has been working in my own heart. And my dream is to provide a community garden where families can have a little space to grow their food, kind of like a co-op community garden. A place where we can love and learn from each other. 


So I'm planning and praying, learning from others to provide this garden space as God intended. 


I can't say that what happened was a failure because i learned so much and so much grew in that garden and in my own heart. I'll take those lessons and learn from them ❤️







Comments