Authentic: 18 The Best Day

If I had to pick the very best day of my life, I think i would pick the day my daughter was born.  It was certainly turning point to which most things in my life are measured.  

But I think that day was just the beginning of the best days.  I often can't believe the great days I have filled with great friends and family.  

God's mercy and grace are not lost on me.  I think of the days in Youth Ministry of serving on Mission Trips or the days the kids at church run up to me yelling Margie and give me a big hug. Those days feel like the best days.  Or the times I go Up North to see my friends and we have the best days doing whatever.  

I often think that my life is full of the best days.  Celebrating my friend's long journey to freedom, it wasn't my best day, but honestly it felt like the best day because I could celebrate for my friend!  or when my friend's have children or when I spend days cooking (and praying) for people.  They all seem like the best days. 

Or how about the day I left Family Dinner and cried (the biggest crocodile tears) because it was the best day serving with people (and feeding them). i remember that day, I called my daughter on the way home when she asked me how it went, and I started crying.  It was just the best day.

Or a couple years ago when I went on a Tall Ship Cruise and the weather was perfect and I was on the most beautiful boat, I was by myself breathing in peace.  That felt like the very best day too!

Or what about the day that we were in El Salvador and the well finally hit water? What a glorious day that was.  

Or what about this past Sunday?   A beautiful day working in the yard dreaming about the magic that would be this summer filled with veggies and beautiful blooming flowers, & (hopefully) butterflies and hummingbirds. That felt like a best day too!

Sometimes I feel ridiculous that I can find the best days in just any day or moment, but its not ridiculous.  It's a beauty that I possess in my heart, that not everyone has.  It's a joy that only comes from a peace that God has given me.  

I'm thankful for so many "best days" and so many more to come!







Comments