Authentic: Out of the Box

I haven’t written in so long.  I just haven’t had the words.  Which is a bad sign for my heart.  In the past, when I have come home from Mission Trips I have told my friends that if I stop writing on my blog (I used to write a lot more) that my heart was hurting and they needed to check up on me.  And to be honest, I’ve been struggling a lot lately.  So much going on in my heart and head, but this isn’t really the place to lay it all out there so I’ll keep it to myself.  I had a loss in May and it took a big tool on me, I never thought it would happen but alas, it did. Things don’t stay the same. Feel free to contact me if you’d like to know what’s going on in my life 😊  LOL

I was challenged with thinking about being “outside” of the box.  Instantly I thought “this one is going to be hard, I’m like everyone else, I’m pretty compliant” which thinking about it now, is so funny.  I started thinking about all the ways I am not compliant, and goodness, apparently, I’m really an odd duck.

I thought about my career choice.  There are only two females on my dad’s side of the family that aren’t in the medical field (my daughter and I).  I wanted to be a teacher when I grew up, but things change and I found myself with a career in Automotive.  Started out ordering supplies and folding drawings and somehow I ended up here.  It’s been a (mostly) good ride!  I really don’t know how I could ever been a nurse (the focus when I was younger) my uncle even offered to buy me a car!  I can’t stand blood or guts, or even talking about a procedure, makes me want to vomit.

I also think it’s perfectly normally to cook large groups of people food, including the homeless, and maybe that is perfectly normal but I am starting to think it might not be normal.  Because while the people around me do it, a lot of people don’t (but really a lot of people do!) I get some kind of crazy joy feeding people!  I am actually missing it this week while I am on vacation!

For a really long time I thought my value was based on what I did not who I am. I thought people liked me or valued me because of what I did for them. But really I do what I do because of who I am.  I know that God made each one us different, some talents are similar but each person has had different experiences coupled with different gifts. 

I don’t know how you are feeling today, I was feeling a little lonely, stressed, overwhelmed. I have been fighting the darkness of anxiety, but I kept crawling to the light. I tried finding light in daily.  I honestly needed a vacation and I really am going to do better about my boundaries at work.  Limiting my hours and taking more days off.  Just closing my computer on Friday and enjoying each day has been refreshing for me, I also know I needed a bit of a buffer before I came to the UP.  I couldn’t go to stone cold society detox to the quietness that my soul longed for, I needed a buffer.  I spent each day being intentional.  I spent days with people I loved doing things I loved. 

I hope that you discover the beauty that is within you, I hope that you are reading this and you think about how loved you are. You will not be everyone’s cup of tea, but then they can go get a coffee.  If you are too much for people, they are not your people.  Go be who you were meant to be, loved.

 I'll leave you with this sweet Shel Silverstein Poem



 


 

Comments