Authentic: Family Relationships: letting go of telling my side of the story

 


In the last couple days I've been thinking about my childhood, teenage years, and adulthood. 

Thinking about the adults in my childhood who made me feel small and insignificant. Which lead me to many years of making myself big to prove I mattered. 

I was surprised yesterday when someone who claimed to "love" me got in the middle of a situation and didn't want to hear my side of the story. Interesting right?!? 

But guess what? I'm at the point in my life that i don't need for her to know. At first, i fell back into the old habits of wanting to explain myself but with a lot of prayer, deep breathing. I don't care if she ever knows my side. I don't need to defend myself. 

I'm thankful for my "hold my earring" who remind me that my worth isn't dependent on others. That God will continue to work in me on things i need to work on and work through me with the love I have to give. 

I'm not saying it doesn't hurt, I'm not saying it isn't hard. But what i am saying is that I'll live up to the meaning of my name. Pearl. Beauty from irritants 😂

Phil 1:6

And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.

Comments

Netta said…
Yes! So good.
(and I love the "hold my earrings" part!!)