Helping others: bring a meal

 


Goodness! Doesn't it seem crazy how we all just really need each other? 


I have a few dear friends that in the last month or so that have tested positive for Covid, others that have a cold! Goodness! There's a lot of cooties out there! 


I feel so helpless that i can't do anything but sometimes i can... sometimes i can send a Venmo for ordering delivery when people may need it and when it just doesn't fit in my schedule to make a meal. But sometimes i can! 


Today i have two pots of chili on the stove for two different families. Two disposable pie plates of Jiffy Mix Cornbread.


Sometimes i get overwhelmed about making a meal and ive had it almost break my budget over trying to make just the "right thing".


Over the years I've settled into some home cooked goodness when dropping off meals made with things from my pantry. And usually i double it so we have food for the week to make our lives easier too! 


Mostacolli (i hate spaghetti noodles 😂)

Chili and cornbread or tortilla chips & cheese

Tacos

Chicken Alfredo 

Soup & bread 


I have a standard taco chili recipe 

https://christdrivenmom.blogspot.com/2014/11/taco-chili-updated.html?m=1

But also there is this one from Budget Bytes

https://www.budgetbytes.com/basic-chili/


I like the Budget Bytes website if you are looking for good recipes that are budget conscious (cheap!) 


I do keep some staples in my pantry to make things easier for me:

Beans

Canned diced tomatoes 

Pasta 

Cornbread

Potatoes 


I also keep aluminum trays and ziploc bags on hand. I would strongly advise that you do not take food in containers you want back unless you see the people often. You'll just add stress to the person you're trying to help and yourself (because  you want your dish back!) 


I hope this is helpful for you ❤️❤️



Comments

Netta said…
Thank you for taking care of some of our family members!!! We love you and appreciate your kindness so much!