A much needed vacation!

 Well... has it really been since January since I've blogged?  Holy Moly!



You know I always have something to say... Some of it good and some of it... well...  

I've been on a vacation, alllllll by myself.  It's been good, and difficult, and very much needed.

I've discovered some things about myself that aren't that great!  Like the first two days on vacation I was twitchy because I'm so used to the crazy of work, it seemed so unnatural to relax.  And... it was rainy and cold when I arrived into Kansas City.  Also... what a weirdo... who goes to Kansas for vacation?  HAHAHA!  Me!  

I have someone that I love that lives just outside Kansas City so I got to visit with her (it's been way too long since I've seen her!) and see a part of the country I've never seen before!  

I have a goal to see all the 50 states!  After this trip, I have achieved 27!  I don't know if it will ever happen but if I see one new state a year, that is just fine with me!  

In Kansas City I went to the Jazz Museum and the Negro League Museum!  It was so great to learn in both of those museums and my head was on information overload I learned so much!  My heart broke when I read certain things and also my heart was full when I saw how many people were honored.  The perseverance of the people honored was inspiring.  I made friends with the lady at the jazz museum and she sent me to a great hole in the wall restaurant, SMAXX.  She wasn't kidding when she said I'd love it!  it was delicious!  And I don't even really like wings!  but I could become a fan quick!

I also went to AN amazing Italian restaurant in Kansas City called Garozzo's on the recommendation of my friend who ironically lives in the Detroit Area.  It was a scene out of the song "Italian Restaurant" by Billy Joel.  

The next day I was able to get to see parts of the city that I would not have seen if my dear friend Sue hadn't picked me up and took me on an adventure!  Even ate BBQ in a gas station and it was YUM!

It always felt like a weird thing to say I was going on vacation to Kansas!  

I can't imagine not seeing Kansas.  Kansas City was such a great town (both the Missouri Side and the Kansas Side!

I wish it wouldn't have been raining but honestly it was probably good for me to slow down and relax.  I watched movies and took the time to unwind a little!

I think so often I can tend to be attracted to the places that are popular and overlook the places I know little about!  I never really like geography or history growing up and I feel like I missed so much!

I have so much more to tell you about my trip but I will stop here.  

I will tell you that each place I stayed at was completely different!


Comments