Gifts

 The last few months have been very different for me. I've been resting quite a bit, I took the month of May off from serving and slowly I've been praying about where I should use my gifts.

Lately, I've been feeling like I'm standing in a room full of people with the most beautiful gift, beautifully wrapped, and nobody wants it.  And it makes me so sad.  


This week I've been providing meals for a team that came from Pennsylvania to serve and love people in Detroit.  It has been like a song to my soul.  It is a small group of beautiful people that I've served before and its been so fun to see them again!

Early in the week one of the families I've lived for a long time called and said they needed groceries! So of course we went to a Aldi! Nevermind the altercation between the cashier who slapped a customer when she tried to take her picture (this happens to everyone, right?!)



Last night we (I purchased, they put together) snack bags for some amazing little kids and it was so great to see how excited everyone was about the bags.  There was snacks to eat at the event and snacks for them to take home.  Feeding people is my jam.  It comes so naturally to me, like breathing! I actually have to tell myself to CTFD when I'm picking snacks! 

It's Friday and I'm exhausted, in the best sort of way. I feel like my beautiful was given and received. I know it's not a glamorous gift, but people gotta eat! 🥹 and if they gotta eat, it might as well be delicious!

My heart is full. Ready to be poured out again. ❤️

Comments