I don't know what's next!


"Endings are prep work for new beginnings" ~Netta Chilton

Today I had the day off, my original plan was to be heading back from Traverse City but my beautiful cousin was in town and we had a little get together for her while she is in town so I came home early.

I could do whatever I wanted today...  a day of peace, rudely interrupted by a dude who knew I was on vacation trying to get me to sign up for timing I know we can't hit.  

I decided I wanted to get some work done and have brunch, so I picked up dog poo and cute the grass that really needed it and then headed to brunch.  Riveting stuff over here I tell you (have you fallen asleep yet?)

I decided to head to the chiropractor True Health Chiropractic and then to Blocks.  My dad loves their corn and so I picked up a bag for him.  

As I was driving down Goddard I thought "Oh sh*t you need to order pizza for Thursday at BH" so I stopped at Benito's in Taylor so I pulled over and ordered it.  My friends at BH love when I bring in pizza and salad (especially the mushroom!!).  It's bittersweet.  Next Thursday is my last official on the calendar time to serve. They are changing up the schedule and due to my work schedule I can't serve on the regular any longer.  

To be honest, I knew a change was coming but I didn't know what it was and I didn't want to be the one to say it, and I am glad it was Crystal who told me instead of me telling her.  I hate telling people I can't serve any longer, it's the worst.  

So after 13 years, I am hanging up my crockpot and won't be serving at BH on a regular basis.  I've said before, I served there for 8 years not even really liking it, it wasn't my favorite, but I was obedient.  Then 5 years ago, my other friends were going to stop serving and I thought "well this is my out" 😆 but nope, I really knew it wasn't the end of an era for me, just them.  And...  I found the greatest joy in it.  I loved going almost every week and seeing my friends and learning what they liked (and what they didn't 😜) and they were not shy to tell me what they didn't like.

I have met some of the most amazing people at BH and I count myself the one blessed by serving them and learning about them.  I can't imagine my life without each one of them.  They are stitched forever in my heart.  

I don't know what's next or when it will start.  I will be walking on the days with my friend I have served with.

I have found a peace in not knowing what is next.  A trust that God, who has guided my steps, will have it all planned out.  

My friend Netta (who I quoted above) sent me that song today.  It was a good song to listen to with the windows open while driving.

I hope that if you find yourself in a place of unknown, you find peace in it.


Comments