Hair towels


 The perfect hair towel is a treasure to be had. 


I love a big fluffy towel after taking a bath. I rarely take a shower, usually it's only a bath. It stems from my teenage years at my friend's house. Her mom

Said that if you take a bath there is less clean up on the tile. Also in my second apartment there was a leak behind the shower plumbing so the tile fell off. Getting them to fix it was clearly impossible.  So

Baths it was. I just love a bath even if it's 5 minutes. 


I still have a towel from my gram's house i use for a hair towel. The perfect hair towel is big enough to wrap around your head with the perfect fold. I remember learning to fold it perfectly. It's thin enough to not be too bulky but absorbent.


I have hair towels that are over 30 years old that i paid $2.99 at Aco back in the day that are still the perfect hair towels - i think i got my money's worth. I bought them for my "hopeless" chest (instead of a "hope" chest 😂😂). This particular towel has cute pansies on it, it is from my gram's house. I can close my eyes and be transported back to the hallway closet to get the towel for a bath when i was a child.  The creek of the door opening and how the closet was accessible from the hallway and the bathroom with some cute shelves that my gram kept her toiletries in as well. 

When she passed away i took the towel, no doubt needing towels because we needed a lot of things at that time. Extra towels were always needed.

The towel makes me thankful for a lot today. A home that is full of peace because that is what I've worked towards. Friends that last a lifetime, a gram who loved me. I know a towel is just a thing, however, sometimes things have memories. And they help us begin each day with a grateful heart. 

Comments