Lessons in the garden.... the good and the bad!


 Sometimes i have to accept defeat! 


What the hell is with vine borers and loving my zucchini plants and breaking my heart. Stupid mofos!! 


Every year i plant zucchini and i get some but the vine borer just gets in there and destroys every plant. So I'm giving up. I've tried everything. Next year the vine borers CAN STARVE! Jerks


Let's talk radishes. Easy crop, right? Nope! They have bolted early, this year they are hollow. Not gonna waste my precious garden space! Every year there are issues. 


The thing is i don't consider these things mistakes - because i learn.


I know people normally post about success but sometimes we gotta be real and let people know they aren't alone in their defeats! 


But I'm not going to focus on what's all bad! My tomatoes are doign great, my tomatillos are growitng crazy and their little balloon jackets are just the cutest! 


My cucumbers are delish and are ready to

Start my autumn crop!


I planted Kohlrabi for the first time and I'm loving it!


Tomato crop is coming in! Yesterday i got two tomatoes from plants that came up from last years seeds that just fell in the dirt! Don't ever estimate how much you can grow in accidental places ❤️


Also planning some new projects! Even though i said NO NEW PROJECTS! I know you didn't believe me, i didn't even believe me ! 


Happy Gardening! 

Comments

Pat said…
You never give up and keep learning. What could be better.
Mrs. Mac said…
You are an honest gardener. Never give up!
Diane (Aunt Di) said…
The thing about you I have always admired is your ability to be REAL. Just put it out there and let the chips fall! I love you, dear one ❣️