Lessons in the Garden: Strawberries

 


Yesterday i pulled three strawberries from plants that had to be transplanted after i accidentally pulled them out with weeds from the bed i affectionately call "the berry patch"


I laughed because when i moved the plants i thought they'd be pissed and not grow anything this year. This really happens, one time my dear friend Angela transplanted her peony and gave me some and they laid on the ground like a teenager who was just told they couldn't spend the summer with their boyfriend at his lake house - "how dare we!" 


Back to the strawberries! 


I was out cleaning the beds yesterday and looked over and saw red. I thought "NO WAY" but yes way, there they were. I could barely contain myself not to eat them. But after all, i didn't have my camera/phone to commemorate such an occasion 😂😂


My garden mimics my life in a way. Sometimes we get moved to something we aren't good at or even if we are, we are comfortable amongst our friends. It's difficult to do something new or to try new things.


I think about moving to my new church.

  1. I thought after i left Woodside I'd be done with the whole church thing. I love God but sometimes the inner workings of a church are more difficult to navigate than an ocean with Gail force winds. For the record, i did not have any hurt feelings or issues why i left, i was just really tired and needed rest. 
  2. I only knew two people (and their kids) which can make me feel lonely and that i don't fit in, but soon i found my place and started putting down roots. All while resting (the best i can). We have a community fridge and garden, both are things i can serve at with people or by myself, i find while by myself, I'm praying for the people who will be eating the food, or if I'm serving certain things, it reminds me of people, so i pray for them.

I feel like I've found my new place and there is "fruit". I just needed some rest and encouragement which is what I've gotten at my new church.  


I guess i want to encourage you that if you've just been moved into a place of uncertainty (or you're about to take a leap!) , great things can happen, and they will happen. Some rest to get your barings, some sunshine, some water (always good to drink your water!) and you'll be producing fruit before you know it! 

Comments

Pat said…
I love this!!!
Beautiful example in your precious words of God's love and faithfulness. How we all need that word, some more often then others, but all.
Your strawberries are beautiful, just like you.
Yes...we all need rest from time to time. Glad you took care of that...in your fashion. ")