Be free

 My friend Stephanie always says to me when she knows I'm in turmoil about something "be free" 

I'm making decisions to be free. 

Last weekend i made the components for lunches for church and i dropped them off for someone else to assemble for our community fridge. I asked for help and spent the perfect day with my daughter. That is not something i would have done before but it seemed the perfect way to spend the day!


Then today instead of doing all the work in the backyard, and thinking about all the things at home that needed to be done, i hopped in the car to meet my family at the campground and celebrate Halloween a little early. 



I also spoke words of life over a friend that I've often needed to hear myself "walk in your calling" when the world seems so... oh i don't even know. I prayed for God to bring us peace and joy and He sure showed up! Even brought extra buns when i mis-calculated! 


I carry a lot of weight on my shoulders and I've never remembered a time that hasn't been true. Sometimes i want to get in the car and drive to the west coast or drive out east. 


But today i chose sunshine and sweet voices that said "Margie!" I chose smiles and books, i chose family, i chose peace, and i chose joy. I chose the me I'd most like to be. Fun and free! 


I showed up with nothing but myself.  And it seemed like it was enough. I never feel like enough. I'm thankful for my family that loves me, I'm thankful for peace and joy, I'm thankful for days of serving others. 


I'm thankful. 


Thank you Stephanie I'm listening ❤️


Comments